Synergy Steel is seeking assemblers to join our line assembly team. The assembly will be of framed cold formed light gauge steel panels (no welding) that are used in the construction of single family homes, townhomes, apartments and other commercial projects. We’re looking for dedicated individuals who always show up for work on time and who thrive in a team-oriented environment. Successful candidates with some prior experience in assembly or carpentry is a plus but not mandatory. Candidates must be capable of reading shop drawings / blueprints. An assembly field worker reviews and follows instructions, diagrams and blueprints to complete his/her task.
Our manufacturing company is seeking assemblers to join our assembly line team and/or also our field assembly team. We’re looking for dedicated individuals who always show up for work on time and who thrive in a team-oriented environment. Successful candidates will have some prior experience in assembly and be capable of reading shop drawings. Our Assembly line workers usually rotate jobs and learn more than one part of the assembly process, including material gathering, construction, quality control, value-added applications and shipping. An assembly line or field worker reviews and follows instructions, diagrams and blueprints to complete his/her task.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Willingness to rotate through multiple stations on a shift to ensure maximum alertness and preparation
- Familiarize yourself with the tools, instrumentation and calibration equipment
- Prepares work to be accomplished by studying assembly instructions, blueprint specifications, and parts lists; gathering parts, subassemblies, tools, and materials.
- Positions parts and subassemblies by using templates or reading measurements.
- Assemble components accurately, thoroughly and quickly to approved specifications
- Verifies specifications by measuring completed component.
- Double-check connections to ensure they match and immediately correct any discrepancies.
- Inform supervisors of any part or equipment defects to ensure prompt response to the problem.
- Assists Machine Operator in keeping equipment operational by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies.
- Conserve resources and supplies to facilitate minimum waste
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Communicate with other stations on the assembly line to ensure maximum speed and accuracy.
- When working in the field, understands accurate layout from reading blueprint drawings.
Qualification and Skills:
- High school diploma/GED required
- 2+ years’ experience in general assembly work or specialized training
- Ability to commit to flexible schedule and prompt arrival for shifts
- Be able to lift 50 pounds from floor to 48 inches
- Experience with power and hand tools
- Basic math and communication skills required
The Synergy team recognizes that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. When two or more people combine their efforts, they can accomplish more together than they can separately. Synergy Steel is always looking for the area’s best talent who want to work in a team culture and environment that is honest, rewarding and fun. We are committed to our employees as this is how great companies excel, it starts with their employees.
Synergy is a place where you can build your career with the unwavering support of your team. An environment that encourages creativity and innovative ideas. A team oriented and results driven culture where everyone is appreciated and valued. Whether you are working in sales, office, management, finance, manufacturing or field assembling, you will have the opportunity to thrive each day with outstanding growth potential.
When you join the Synergy team, you are rewarded with:
- An entrepreneurial work environment that encourages creativity and innovative ideas from every level
- A team oriented and results driven culture where everyone is appreciated and valued
- Excellent Compensation Package
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Outstanding Growth Potential
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Paid Vacations and Holidays
- Flexible Spending Account
Synergy Steel is a drug-free workplace. Pre-employment drug screening & background check is required for this position. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and believe diversity is crucial for the success of our team.
To apply for this job please visit synergysteelcorp.com.