Synergy Manufacturing, a division of Synergy Steel is looking for the area’s best talent who want to work in a culture and environment that is honest, rewarding, advancing and fun! Synergy is a place where you can build your career with the unwavering support of your team. An environment that encourages creativity and innovative ideas. A team-oriented and results-driven culture where everyone is appreciated and valued. Whether you are working in sales, office, management, finance, manufacturing, or construction, you will have the opportunity to thrive each day with outstanding growth potential.
The Synergy team recognizes that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts.
When you join the Synergy team, you are rewarded with:
- An entrepreneurial work environment that encourages creativity and innovative ideas from every level
- A team oriented and results driven culture where everyone is appreciated and valued
- Excellent Compensation Package
- Retirement Plan
- Outstanding Growth Potential
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Paid Vacations and Holidays
Synergy is seeking a Logistics Coordinator for our manufacturing facility located in Lancaster, South Carolina. We are seeking candidates that take initiative, are self-starters possess a positive attitude, are cordial and take great pride in their work. The individual awarded this position must, with or without reasonable accommodation, be able to perform the following essential functions.
The Logistics Coordinator is responsible for overseeing and managing the overall supply chain management of the organization including but not limited to organizing and monitoring the incoming and outgoing supply and distribution of goods, the management of the entire order cycle, managing logistics, DOT compliance, fleet maintenance and management and the recruitment of personnel and third-party carriers.
- Evaluate and make appropriate improvements to current supply chain processes ensuring that practices are in line with the overall goals of the organization.
- Participate in the ongoing development/establishment of supply chain management policies and procedures and operational strategies including the review and implementation of process and system changes including the implementation of new ERP System.
- Establish and enforce proper supply chain management methods, policies, and principles.
- Make recommendations for changes as needed and ensure that company policies and procedures are followed.
- Manage all aspects of DOT compliance for the Company.
- Perform metrics reporting and data analysis tasks to identify issues and opportunities for process improvements.
- Provide feedback on “Better Ways” to transport…i.e. low boys, racks, product skids, damage control, stacking, etc.
- Generate and assist with job specific and monthly, quarterly, and year-end budgets.
- Provides financial projections by coordinating budget/forecast preparation; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial information; advising departments on the collection and analysis of data.
- Organize deliveries’ process, plan routes and track performance.
- Work closely with Production Planner, Plant Manager, and Field Personnel on coordinating schedules, employee drivers, and third-party carriers.
- Schedule all product distribution and coordinate shipments for all locations. Ensure that the right products are delivered to the right location and on time.
- Determine needs for expansion of routes and schedules.
- Track and report shipment results.
- Research ideal carriers, shipping techniques, and routing.
- Select carriers for transportation and negotiate rates and contracts with carriers. Evaluate opportunities for backhauling.
- Keep up to date on shipping carriers, routes and rates and any changes to them.
- Develop capital and operating budgets for logistics operations.
- Track actual performance budgeted and develop processes to meet or exceed budget.
- Respond to and resolve complaints and problems.
- Be an excellent communicator within the organization to both senior management, field personnel and the hourly workforce.
- Respond to lost items and damages.
- Ensure all shipments comply with interstate traffic laws and regulations.
- Develop and manage logistics KPIs.
- Collaborate with other departments to integrate logistics with company processes.
- Recruit drivers and maintain a positive employee relations environment.
- Establish and maintain preventive maintenance program for company fleet.
- Advanced level in Microsoft Office skills, specifically advanced excel and analytical skills (data tables, formulas, pivot tables, macros) required.
- Strong written and verbal communication, interpersonal, organization, critical thinking, and analytical skills.
- High organization, prioritization, multi-tasking, and planning skills with great attention to detail.
- Ability to work professionally in a team environment with flexible work hours.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required.
- 2 plus years of relevant work experience.
- Advanced experience in all Microsoft Office applications.
- Detail oriented and process driven.
- Excels in problem solving.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- A strong work ethic with demonstrated organizational and time-management techniques.
- Display abilities to work well with others in a team environment.
- Must possess good interpersonal skills.
- High degree of professionalism, tact, and ability to influence others.
- Sound judgment, ability to make decisions, work and act independently, and seek assistance or consult with more senior personnel when necessary.
- Work requires the ability to operate an automobile, have a valid state Driver’s License, and personal vehicle liability Insurance coverage to meet the standard set by Company.
Synergy Steel Holdings and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer.